Monday, June 8, 2009

The more you leer the better it looks

Sorry it's been...what? 2 weeks? This writing thing is hard and being me is tricky, even more so lately. But I won't bore you with those details. Instead I'll bore you with something I came up with on the way home from Starbucks about an hour ago!

I was in the slow lane on the freeway, just minding my own business, when a Land Rover Range Rover Sport (Yes, that's the whole name. Land Rover is the manufacturer and Range Rover Sport is the model) pulls up next to me. Now I've seen hundreds of them, but for some reason this one stood out. I, coincidentally I swear, followed it almost the whole way home. And I was struck by it. It was gorgeous.

This encounter got me to thinking, what other cars that I see on an almost daily basis have grown from mundane to striking? Well here's a list, in no particular order:

#1 BMW 3 series, specifically the E46 chassis



The E90's (the new ones) are cool...somewhat and the E36's (91-00) are cool too, but I think the E46 chassis is the best looking. And the E46 M3 was the first since the E30 chassis M3 to be offered only as a coupe, the way it should be.


#2

Land Rover Range Rover Sport



Like I just said, I followed one home and I eye humped the thing the entire way.


#3

04-05 Subaru WRX Wagon



Some guy in my neighborhood has a red one, dumped on Rotas (We'll have that discussion later), and Stage 2'd out. It's nice. I want it with an STi motor and transmission and real wheels. I have a hierarchy for WRX looks, it goes like this:

04-05
02-03
06-07
08-09

But the first three are leaps and bounds better looking than the last (current) design. I only like the new STI, and that's it. Every other one I'd take in either sedan or wagon and in any color so long as it's packin a manual gear box and I can modify it how ever the hell I want.


#4

Infiniti G35 coupe



I go to the grocery store and I see at least 3 G35's, be them sedans or coupes. I was over them for a while, but now I'm into them again. I want one, with the Brembo's and the Top Secret kit. But not the wide body, just the normal one. It'll be sick...if I ever get it


And that's the list. Yeah I know only 4 cars, but in all honesty that's all I've got. Sorry if you were expecting more, but really those are the only 4 vehicles that I went from almost ignoring to plotting scheming on how to own one.

No comments:

Post a Comment