Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I don't know about you...

Anyone ever open a sentence with that? My brother did, as he was yelling at me. While he was yelling about the fridge (or global warming or something, I wasn't listening) I got to thinking about what that opener means.

Wait, before I go on let me tell you what he said:

"I don't know about you, but I plan on bringing children into this world."

Ok, moving on...

Now when I heard that I instantly thought "This asshole is saying he's having kids and I'm not, and I'm some how ruining this world for his as of yet non-existent kids". This then got me thinking to what that opener means.

Here's what it means: "You're an asshole, shut up, let me tell you what's what." Think about it, has anyone ever thrown a compliment out after that? NO! They always insult you.

Other common openers that lead to insults:

"I'm not saying ..., but ..."
"No, shut up, listen"
"Raise your hand if..., not so fast"
"*sigh*"

Just a heads up. Who's looking out for you? That's right, Yom is

No comments:

Post a Comment